- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Information Technology with at least 10-12 years in software development and technical management roles.
- Strong programming experience in Java/J2EE and related tools.
- Algorithmic thinking skills, including efficient recursive algorithms and concurrent programming.
- Strong software project management skills including Agile and Scrum.
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and No-SQL databases including MySQL, SQL Server, and MongoDB
- Experience with big data management platforms such as HDFS, Spark, Kafka, Hive is beneficial but not mandatory. Expectation is to build a team that covers this ground in collaboration with other Big Data teams in WDC.
- Experience with front- and back-end Java web service development tools like Glassfish, Servlet, and Tomcat (or other equivalent tools).
- Machine learning (classification/regression) methodology and implementation experience is a plus. Some working knowledge of Python is beneficial.