We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform failure analysis on WD products to determine root cause of failures
- Provide failure analysis guidance to FA engineers
- Maintain the Failure Analysis objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals
- Develop new utilities/ capabilities/ debug tools to analyze WD SSDs
- Review specifications, design and development of WD SSDs, ownership of technical issues encountered during FA, root causing, and isolation of complex Firmware/Software issues; working with various WD teams to find solutions, and to communicate those solutions effectively to the team members in a timely manner
- Develop standards and methods for failure analysis, troubleshooting, inspection, testing, etc.
- Develop debug/ FA techniques to help improve FA cycle time and quality of FA reports
- Review all data obtained during the failure analysis / troubleshooting process, ensure the accuracy of the results and summarizes and documents in a failure analysis report
- Work with Sales, Quality, Customer Technical Support (CTS) and Problem Management Report (PMR) teams, as needed
- Work with Engineering to develop new approaches to support new product releases
- Design and implement failure analysis training programs for FA personnel
- BSEE/ CE required – MSEE/CE preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of industry experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing/ understanding embedded firmware for storage products
DESIRED BACKGROUND/ COMPETENCIES:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures to streamline the FA process
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and uses good judgment; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Self-Motivated – Works with little or no supervision. Self-motivated and driven to complete assigned projects in a timely manner
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Awareness of Solid State Drives (SSDs) & PCIe architecture, & knowledge of products functionality
- Ability to handle complex Solid State Drives (SSDs) & PCIe failures and familiarity with the drive failures terminology
- Ability to extract, read, interpret, and summarize SSDs & PCIe failure logs
- Should be well versed in troubleshooting and analyzing SSDs & PCIe products
- Hands-on knowledge and understanding of Failure Analysis procedures
- Software background at application level is required in order to effectively use custom debug tools
- Hands-on experience with lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analyzer, etc.)
- Familiarity with SAS, PCIe standards
- Basic understanding of volatile and non-volatile memory architectures such as SRAM/ DRAM/ FLASH
- Familiar with C/C++ programming
- Five years of experience with NAND Flash/DRAM based products
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.