We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Memory Technology Group is at the core of the Legacy SanDisk Engineering Organization which Western Digital owns. We are building a cutting edge 3D memory in our multiple billion dollars Fab. Our memory provides performance, power, and endurance at a lower cost but on quality. The Memory Technology organization is a strategic entity for the company, and we are growing. Our group functions as a start-up within WDC, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of WDC innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Designers to lead and deliver projects for our Memory Design team as well as talented and highly motivation junior engineers. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who knows how to work with non-volatile memory world-class engineers and who has a great track record for delivering innovative results.
You will need to think creatively about the memory as we do take pride in our craftsmanship. We do work together with all engineering teams to identify and execute on the most disciplined way. Your success will be measured by your ability to build great designs that deliver innovation that unlock revenue opportunities for the company.
Join the Memory Technology Design Team and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and focused team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Memory Productization team is responsible for speeding up the productization of new technologies to ensure quality, reliability and performance of our memory products. The organization oversees memory integration and is responsible for successfully morphing cutting edge memory technologies into state of the art memory solutions. In this position, we need a motivated and talented engineer to design and qualify solutions for NAND management systems to improve quality and reliability.
- This person will design, co-ordinate and oversee qualification and reliability revaluation of current and future generations of 3D NAND products.
- The person is also responsible for understanding failures modes during qualifications and reliability evaluations and to drive towards finding the root cause and contribute to corrective actions.
- Furthermore, this person will also be responsible for fab correlation with reliability degradation to help the further, process optimization on newer products.
- The person will be responsible to work with cross functional teams to ensure the superior quality and reliability of nonvolatile memory products.
· Should have a strong comprehension of electrical engineering fundamentals and semiconductor device physics
· Should have good hands-on device/product characterization and testing experience with competency in necessary tools and equipment
· Must be self-motivated, self-taught and self-directed however, must also have demonstrated ability to work well with people and be a good team player.
· Needs to have strong communication skills (both written and oral)
· Must have a proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving and dynamic environment
· Needs to have good understanding on NAND Flash, and good programming skills on C/C++, python, R and good data analysis experience
· Education: MS is required, Ph. D Is preferred.
· Minimum Experience: 5 years in semiconductor industry in device, SSD system, firmware or product engineering
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.