We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Memory Technology Group is at the core of the Legacy SanDisk Engineering Organization which Western Digital owns. We are building a cutting edge 3D memory in our multiple billion dollars Fab. Our memory provides performance, power, and endurance at a lower cost but on quality. The Memory Technology organization is a strategic entity for the company, and we are growing. Our group functions as a start-up within WDC, and offers a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of WDC innovation.
We are looking for an experienced Designers to lead and deliver projects for our Memory Design team as well as talented and highly motivation junior engineers. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented, entrepreneurial individual who knows how to work with non-volatile memory world-class engineers and who has a great track record for delivering innovative results.
You will need to think creatively about the memory as we do take pride in our craftsmanship. We do work together with all engineering teams to identify and execute on the most disciplined way. Your success will be measured by your ability to build great designs that deliver innovation that unlock revenue opportunities for the company.
Join the Memory Technology Design Team and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative and focused team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position, the individual will be part of the high speed custom circuit design group responsible for designing and evaluating High Speed IO circuits and High speed Clock/ Datapath of high performance NAND flash, including new, most advanced 3-dimensional NAND memories.
- Architect and design custom circuits for NAND flash memory, including digital circuits and/or analog circuits.
- Perform block level and full chip circuit simulations to meet all performance and data sheet specifications.
- Conduct silicon debugging and evaluation with micro-probing.
- Collaborate with characterization engineers to fully characterize silicon, and partner with other designers to develop solutions for silicon issues
- Support mass production test teams to ensure IO specs have adequate coverage.
- Support product development and application engineering team on IO specs
- Requires MS/PHD in EE or equivalent, with 5+ years of experience
- Prior experience in design of any one of the standard high speed interfaces like DDR2/DDR3/4, ONFI, TM or LPDDR I/O interface is required.
- Proven experience of full chip design flow from spec to silicon debug.
- Needs to be an expert in providing and understanding layout requirements of high speed circuits.
- Knowledge of all facets of high speed I/O design but specifically should include high speed input receivers(Rx), output drivers (Tx), ODT, Duty cycle correction (DCC), Training/calibration to improve timing, high speed power design and low power design.
- Experience working closely with device/process team to define transistor specs
- Knowledge of ESD requirements and design
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed but must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- A proven desire to work as a team member. Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet schedules/deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.