Performs a variety of statistical tasks and clerical duties required to prepare payroll data for computer input.
- Reviews timekeeping records.
- Processes exception items requiring special handling.
- Responds to inquiries from employees regarding deductions, calculations, and changes in compensation.
- Prepares, compiles and maintains various statistical and payroll records.
- May manually calculates wages and post wage data for temporary work, bonuses, vacations, terminations, and special payroll requirements.
- May maintain employee records on company's human resources information system (HRIS).
- May perform analyses and reviews of data, develop reports for supervision review.
- Analyzes, audits, reconciles and resolves complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth payroll processing.
- Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations.
- Researches and interprets federal and state regulatory requirements and resolves tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
- Responds to auditing and regulatory inquiries.
- May work with system programmers to achieve solutions or administer company payroll system with outside service provider.
- AA + 3-5 yrs related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA + 1-3 yrs work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately follow procedures and processes.
- Strong organizational ability to meet time schedules and deadlines, and to multi-task in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Exhibits sound judgment, excellent analytical skills, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Possesses very strong computer knowledge for both online and PC computer systems
- Technical experience with various payroll systems and time and attendance systems.
- Ability to perform complex calculations related to LOA, Retro and terminations. Ability to research federal and state regulations as related to payroll.
- Excellent communication skills. Good team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced use of Excel and other Windows based programs.