Staff Engineer, PMI and NPI Process Engineering
Location: HGST Sarawak
Req. Id: JR-0000038739
We’re looking for a dynamic Engineer with a passion to innovate and help shape the future of data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aligning with Internal Development team and External NPI/PM/PE team (Media/HDD) on NPP product/technology qualification and continuous improvement required at every stages of NPI until mass production mode to achieve ‘fit for use’ and ‘fit for cost’ goals.
- Arrange Media assessment prior to any SMO build for HDD qualification to achieve ‘First Time Right’ strategy.
- Manage NPP Pilot build and perform full scale of characterization during early stage of build until production mode at NPP, Media & HDD.
- Prepare and presents concise data internally and externally on program/product status and schedule.
- Ensure proper documentation on the Pilot build flow, specification and qualification result.
- Aligning with Internal Development team to establish continuous improvement roadmap on Mechanical and Defect KPOV’s aligning with Media and HDD performance.
- Customer (Media & HDD) programs interlock for continuous NPP quality improvement and effective TCO
- Leading on Manufacturing Readiness Review once new product come to Mass Manufacturing stage.
- Compliance to IMS requirements in documentation and practices.
- Degree Holder in Engineering/Science/Material Science
- Effective coordination and communication skill.
- Strong process control and data analysis skill.
- Positive mindset and Strong Team work player.
- 4 years or more working experience in high volume manufacturing environment
Western Digital Corporation is the world's largest storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solution. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solution are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.