We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In this position, the individual will be working on development and testing of SSD products including Flash Memories used to build the SSD through all phases of product development, design and manufacturing.
- The individual will coordinate and manage new product introduction, develop new test methodologies to test new generation of Client SSD products, define and debug existing test programs.
- The individual will also be responsible for debugging and failure analysis of Flash memory and Client SSD for successful launch into production, providing test solutions for systems and reliability engineers to help qualify new products, and communicating technical product status to management.
- This position requires a BS/MS degree in electrical engineering or equivalent with 7 or more years of related experience.
- The individual must also have strong knowledge of digital electronics, circuits, NAND Flash Memories, Storage Protocols (SATA,PCIe) and should have a good working knowledge of various bench systems (i.e. oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and meters).
- The individual should have experience in integrating hardware and firmware components to deliver a final product.
- Familiarity with basic scripting languages such as Python, C, C++, or Visual Basic is a plus.
- The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Skills required for this job:
· Digital Design Techniques
· SSD Protocols (PCIe and SATA)
· Statistical Tools
· NAND Flash
· SSD Knowledge and Firmware Overview
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.