You will lead the mechanical development of datacenter storage systems and subsystems consisting of hard drives, fans, power supplies, electronics with high speed communication interfaces and rack based hardware.
Due to the complex interrelationships of these systems, you will need to possess broad mechanical engineering expertise including:
Sheet metal and plastics design, die casting, thermal design and analysis, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference mitigation, tolerance analysis, and acoustics.
- As an individual contributor on multiple programs and will direct/lead the work of others.
- In addition to a broad background across many disciplines you must possess strong analytical skills and be a creative “out of the box” thinker.
- In this role, you will be the technical project representative to other teams within the company and represent project concepts to OEM customers.
- Additionally, you will lead design reviews, be accountable for tracking schedules, issues and resolutions, and work with international suppliers and manufacturing locations.
- Acting as a lead engineer, the candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of test plans culminating in test reports demonstrating the design integrity.
- Each project team consists of cross-functional engineers with electrical, mechanical, firmware and manufacturing backgrounds at a minimum.
- As a member of the project team your creative thinking and judgment will contribute to the overall resolution of technical, logistical, cost, and schedule issues for the program.
- In this leadership position, you will mentor and build the skills of less senior engineers.
- This is a high-impact, high visibility opportunity for the right individual with superior technical skills, good project management abilities, and an enthusiasm for success.
- Designs and analyzes mechanical systems, equipment and influences packaging design.
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Provides design information to packaging engineering for packaging documentation.
- BSME or MSME degree with minimum of 10+years product development experience in computing, storage or related fields.
- Expert working knowledge of CAD systems (SolidWorks preferred) required and experience in computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and finite element analysis (FEA) are highly desirable.
- Strong experience in structural, vibrational, thermal and acoustic modeling and problem resolution.
- Should be familiar with test instrumentation such as air flow and thermal test equipment, structural dynamic analyzers, and accelerometers.
- Demonstrated ability in creative problem solving and innovation.
- Proficient in writing part and assembly test plans with subsequent execution to the plan and generation of both test plans and test reports thereby validating the design of part and assemblies.
- Strong team player, effective communication skills, and highly motivated.
- Experience in successfully managing development projects from design to production.
- Excellent project management and communication skills are required.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing technologies and methodologies.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally (<25% total work time on average).
- Ability to lift 25lbs. on an as needed basis.