Senior Engineer, Process Engineering
Location: HGST Sarawak
Req. Id: JR-0000039071
We’re looking for a dynamic Engineer with a passion to innovate and help shape the future of data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Content expert in nickel plating, inclusive of pretreatment and electroless plating
· Providing in-depth theoretical and technical support to the current processes, yield and build issues
· Provide potential solutions to new products, processes and future technology breakthrough
· Drive development and characterization activities for new chemistries and processes for both SW and JO substrate operations
· Understand the fundamentals and interactions of new plating process with subsequent polish and wash processes.
· Collaborate with suppliers to develop new products to meet technology roadmap requirement
· Leads and innovates team in achieving departmental objectives
· Bachelor degree in Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science
· Experience in plating manufacturing or in Research and Development.
· A good team player with leadership attribute
· Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
· Effective interpersonal & communication.
· Able to work under tight schedule
· Able to work under minimum supervision
Western Digital Corporation is the world's largest storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solution. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solution are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.