The engineers working in this organization contribute both to the staging of FW for new SoCs prior to silicon arrival, and to the staging of infrastructure and major features into our FW.
The manager will directly lead engineers in Longmont, CO and Irvine, CA who work as part of an integrated organization toward two major deliverable sets. Task management is per SAFe outside of this department, so this position is focused on personnel development.
Additionally, there are international contributors to the FW whose work is led by some of the engineers in this department. Periodic discussion with the managers of these international contributors is also required of this manager to enhance effectiveness of the total FW development effort.
- Support agile team development processes
- Measure and monitor the quality and progress of the work of the team and adjust accordingly
- Hire, coach, and manage staff
- Provide career development and performance coaching
- Collaborate with peer managers to lead broader organizational initiatives
- Create a team culture that supports open communication, collaboration across teams and across sites, and empowerment to employees
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in a management role.
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff.
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Experience collaborating on a distributed team.
- Experience with pre-silicon execution platforms and FW development in a multiple-product repository are beneficial.
- Requisition is open to Sr. Manager, but Manager candidate applications will not be rejected.