Location: Bangalore India
Req ID: JR-0000039079
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Description Summary
• In this position, the individual will be responsible for designing, implementing , debugging firmware for the next generation of Enterprise SSDs.
• FW Engineer will be responsible for HW Interface drivers, algorithm design and implementation , Customer Vendor Unique commands , unit level bench testing.
• The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the SSD firmware and play a significant role in delivering next generation Enterprise SSDs to market.
• The candidate will work with the firmware Architects, ASIC and flash media teams on a daily basis, and will design and implement the firmware algorithms needed to achieve best in class performance goals.
• Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high level languages (e.g., C, C++).
• Requires BE/BTech degree or equivalent or higher with 5 or more years of related experience.
• Embedded C/C++ and assembly language experience required
• Must have strong problem solving skills; experience using logic and protocol analyzers is preferred
• Having experience with protocols like PCIe-NVMe/SATA/SAS is highly desirable.
• The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
• Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people.
• A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team.
• Ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Prior experience of Architecture/design/Bring up on new generation SOC/ASIC will be definite plus.
• Deep understanding of Storage Stack/Data path is desirable.
• Experience of having delivered " End to End Storage Stack" on Leading Edge/NEW hardware will be preferable.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.