Western Digital Media Analytical Services always faces new types of technical challenges as we are a key enabler of the HDD industry. Our challenge is to characterize media and identify the root cause of defects and failures, by analyzing both thin film media and heads used in media testing. In order to successfully carry out various kinds of failure/defect analysis, failure analysis technician needs to support various kinds of characterization measurements and at the same time continuously learn new characterization techniques.
- Will primarily support SEM and OSA/Candela analysis of Media
- Report results of the analysis to Engineering
Media Analytical Services/Failure Analysis at Western Digital is composed of highly technical and talented staffs with various backgrounds (Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics, etc). The team is in charge of performing 1) Surface Analysis 2) Chemical Analysis and 3) Failure Analysis for new products and process development.
What We Are Looking For:
Media Analytical Services is looking for a highly motivated and passionate technical staff who is willing to contribute at the highest level, has a desire to learn various technical areas, and has out-of–box thinking and can bring creative ideas and solutions to technical challenges.
- SEM experience, FIB experience is a plus.
- Willingness to learn any technical tools is a must.
- Hands-on materials analysis laboratory environment/experience is a plus.
- The ideal candidate would also have experience with related materials analysis and characterization tools and techniques. Prepare effective analysis reports with accurate and detailed data. The candidate will be energetic and enthusiastic and have a strong sense of responsibility.
- A strong work ethic with a commitment to accuracy and the ability to work to deadlines in a team oriented environment are essential.
- Communicate effectively (verbal and written) both with peers and external customers.
- Familiarity and knowledge of computers and Windows based software.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.