Focused. Fearless. Fun.
Our values form who we are and how we operate. They show up in our ambition to achieve our goals, our courage to do what’s right, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At HGST, we prize those unique individuals who team focused on a common goal, work with the end always in mind, and bring their excitement and passion every day!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. At HGST we are providing the only fully integrated and fully innovated storage solutions. We have a unique opportunity to disrupt the offerings IT can bring to its clients. Picture mammograms, seismic data, all objects in a searchable environment where analytics can truly inform your customers decisions, and at a price point that everyone can afford.
Essential to success in this role is a keen ability develop new accounts and to penetrate new divisions and organizations within your assigned accounts. HGST provides tight collaboration with Engineering, Marketing, and Product Development departments for you to leverage to exceed sales performance goals. You will have the freedom to develop your territory plan and resources to support the plan.
The successful candidate will:
- Use relationship management techniques to develop selling opportunities within partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within assigned partner account; develop new selling relationships within assigned partner account; develop new direct selling opportunities.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with a prospect in partner organization.
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Respond to RFP's and follow up with prospects.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Build and strengthen the business relationship with current accounts and new prospects.
- Recommend marketing strategies.
- Provide status information to your Manager including forecast/pipeline information.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your accounts.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees within the sales function and across functions including Marketing, Sales Operations, System Engineering, and Product Development.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Ability to communicate with senior managers about their business challenges
- Experience using SFDC and other CRM software.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 to 10 years of sales experience preferred.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell storage products is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.