We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
In this position, the individual will be responsible for validating enterprise products (SSD/Controllers). Using their coding skills along with QA expertise, this individual will design, implement and execute both automated and manual tests. The individual will work with members of the Quality Assurance, Development, Customer Support, and Program Management teams to assure quality with on time delivery. The individual must be hands-on with programming and coding, be execution focused, have excellent leadership & communication skills and have a passion for Quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating test strategy for new products based on Marketing requirements, Engineering Specifications, Product feature documents.
- Defining, developing, executing test cases for design verification of enterprise product.
- Coding/Automating the test cases in Python, Java and other scripting/programming languages.
- Scoping Hardware requirements, maintaining lab systems and tools to facilitate the test automation.
- Logging bugs, first level triage and troubleshooting using in-house/3rd party tools
- Working closely with different teams within organization and tracking Test development and bugs to closure
- Creating Technical documents
- Creating Test Reports and abide by Test Completion Process
- Minimum of MS Degree in Engineering or related field
- 8-10+ years in Engineering or related field
- Expert knowledge of Quality Assurance practice and procedures
- In-depth working knowledge of NVMe, SAS, SCSI, PCIe protocols
- Must be hands-on with Coding and Programming using languages such as Java, Python.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like TCL, Batch, VB Script, Java Script, Shell Scripts is plus.
- Strong experience with different Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, VMware, Mac)
- Flash memory testing experience is plus
- Expert in working with protocol analyzer, jammer.
- Ability to analyze problem and work independently as required
- Understand Hardware and Software stack
- Understand Software development Life Cycle
- Ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.