We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
WDC products must pass rigorous OEM standards for embedded memory and SSD applications and therefore must be tested thoroughly in-house to ensure that these products meet and exceed OEM qualification requirements. We need an experienced Firmware Test Development Engineer to establish a best in class test and validation processes and systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an overall product validation strategy including defining test infrastructure and test methodology.
- Innovative approach (out of the box thinking) for building the best in class White, Gray and Black tests packages for validating the product.
- Analyze, design, program, debug and modify software and Firmware.
- Troubleshoot code for firmware applications.
- Work often involves analog and digital hardware and special SanDisk tools, software & operating systems.
- Review testing requirements and influence future SanDisk product design for debug and test.
- Interface with all key stakeholders and customers to ensure product verification meets customer expectations and needs.
- Outstanding system understanding and writing state of the art tests capabilities are required.
- Must be able to catch-up amazingly fast and provide overwhelming contribution to the company.
- Knowledge and exposure to hardware design used in the enterprise environment.
- Achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- Continuously improve the existing processes and systems to keep them up to date with the customer needs and industry trends.
Technical and analytical skills required:
- BS/BA degree, above or equivalent with 10 or more years of related experience.
- Experienced and familiar with product WBT, EVT, DVT for storage systems or integrated systems
- Test coverage methods for real-time embedded systems
- Modern object oriented languages for development and test. C, C++, Python, Matlab, Perl.
- Able to methodically root cause complex failure mechanism.
- Experienced with test design and development.
- Experienced working with relevant storage host protocols for at least 2 of PCIe, SAS, SATA, UFS, and eMMC is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Able to develop key relationships and work effectively across a globally diverse team.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Able to elect requirements from all stakeholders.
- Able to work under pressure for quick resolution and delivery.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.