We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital Corporation is transforming and our HR organization is looking for highly collaborative data driven individuals who are passionate about playing a key role in growing our Global Talent Management & Organization Development (TMOD) Center of Expertise.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment, are looking to be a part of a team that is designing exciting new programs and process, and bring with you the ability to take on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm, this could be an exciting opportunity for you to build a great career.
In this role, the Organizational Development/Effectiveness Specialist will be responsible for supporting, co-designing, implementation and evaluation of organizational development programs designed to improve retention, performance, culture, build capability and achieve long-term success through talent management and organization development initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to the design of and supports organization development and talent management programs.
- Serves as program manager for mentorship program
- Partners with other departments within human resources to develop, align, leverage, and integrate strategies and programs
- Identifies, tracks and analyzes metrics to measure organizational effectiveness solutions for employees; conducts organizational assessments and provides data analysis and feedback for employees
- Work closely with senior team members to coordinate and roll-out TMOD processes and ensure they align with our HR strategy
- Support the design and implementation of a new TMOD HR enterprise Talent Management system. In addition, support program launches such as; Performance Management, Succession Planning and 9 box exercise, etc.
- A track record of success in managing programs/processes to develop leaders and associates across multiple functions & divisions
- Ability to understand & articulate the strategic value of OD tools/processes.
- Excellent writing & communication skills & ability to synthesize information into clear concise messages
- Collaborate and partner with Learning and Leadership Development on cross-COE identified initiatives
- Conduct research on best practices, synthesize findings into summary slides and recommendations for new TMOD process and initiatives
- Analyze talent data and make recommendations for improvement, including the creation of comprehensive and sophisticated reports and dashboards for business leaders and senior leadership
- Drive projects to completion, exercising judgment to determine the best course of action as the team works together on initiatives
- performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Business Management, Human Resources Psychology, or related field preferred
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in organizational development, Organization Effectiveness, Talent Management functions or organizational development consulting
- Strong project management capability and a drive to meet commitments and deadlines
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong mastery of MS PowerPoint
- Knowledge of and experience working with HR Talent Management Systems (i.e. Workday, Success Factors, Saba, Halogen, etc.)
- Master’s Degree, MS/MBA in Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, Business Management, Human Resources
- Knowledge of and experience with organizational development, change management, talent management & development, organizational, employee engagement, employee development and business planning
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to assemble information, extract pertinent facts, draw logical conclusions and present recommendations
- Solid sense of confidentiality and discretion, application of OD values
- Demonstrate aptitude for continuous learning, adapting to shifting priorities, and navigating ambiguous situations.
- Strong interpersonal and client relations skills, and computer skills
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented and effective collaborator
- Resourceful and able to think critically in order to solve problems creatively and independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands
- Self-directed and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Technical savviness will be highly valued
This position is located in Western Digital’s Great Oaks, San Jose Head Quarters location
This position may require some travel
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.