We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital Corporation is transforming and our HR organization is looking for highly collaborative data driven individuals who are passionate about playing a key role in growing our Global Talent Management & People Development (TMPD) Center of Expertise.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment, are looking to be a part of a team that is designing exciting new programs and process, and bring with you the ability to take on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm, this could be an exciting opportunity for you to build a great career.
In this role, the TMPD Specialist will be responsible to support, co-design, implement, track progress, and evaluate organizational and talent development programs designed to improve retention, learning, performance, culture, build capability and achieve long-term success through talent management and organization development initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the design of and support people development and talent management programs
- Partner with other HR departments to develop, align, leverage, and integrate strategies and programs
- Identify, track and analyze metrics to measure organizational effectiveness and learning solutions
- Conduct organizational assessments and provide data analysis and feedback
- Work closely with senior team members to coordinate and support with the implementation of TMPD processes and system implementations. In addition, support program launches such as; Performance Management, Succession Planning and 9 box exercise, etc.
- Collaborate and partner with Learning and Development on cross-COE identified initiatives
- Support with Annual Talent Review cycle, developmental assessments, succession planning, performance cycle planning activities
- Coordinate course logistics and materials for L&D programs, full spectrum L&D support (analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation)
- System administrator support for Talent Management and Learning Management systems
- Conduct research on best practices, synthesize findings into summary slides and recommendations for new TMPD process and initiatives
- Analyze talent data and make recommendations for improvement, including the creation of comprehensive and sophisticated reports and dashboards for business leaders and senior leadership
- Demonstrate aptitude for continuous learning, adapting to shifting priorities, and navigating ambiguous situations.
- Resourceful and able to think critically in order to solve problems creatively and independently
- Ability to understand & articulate the strategic value of TMPD tools/processes
- Self-directed and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent writing & communication skills & ability to synthesize information into clear concise messages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Business Management, Human Resources Psychology, or related field preferred
- Previous experience in organizational development, Organization Effectiveness, Talent Management, Learning & Development functions
- Strong project management capability and a drive to meet commitments and deadlines
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of and experience working with HR Talent Management Systems (i.e. Workday, Success Factors, Saba, Halogen, etc.) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and client relations skills
- Team-oriented and effective collaborator
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands
- Master’s Degree, MS/MBA in Organizational Development, I/O Psychology, Business Management, Human Resources
This position is located in Western Digital’s Milpitas, CA location
This position may require some travel as needed.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law