Enterprise Account Manager
HGST, a Western Digital company, is a market leader in enterprise data storage and develops advanced hard disk drives, enterprise-class solid state drives, and external storage solutions and services that are used by large and sophisticated companies to store, preserve and manage data. HGST storage solutions have a reputation for quality, reliability and innovation. Our technology is trusted by the world's high-transactional enterprises, Internet services companies, creative professionals, and consumer electronics and automotive system manufacturers to store the avalanche of new content resulting from cloud computing and services, virtualization, social networks, HD video and mobile platforms.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for growing HGST revenue and customer success with the Federal Government Enterprise Geography as the primary responsibility. The U.S. Federal Government Enterprise Geography encompasses all Enterprise accounts worldwide for the Federal Government. The Federal Sales Manager is responsible for developing relationships with Federal agencies and Federal programs of record in their assigned accounts and developing a partnering strategy with each account. The successful Regional Sales Manager will manage the entire sales process from opportunity creation to deal closure. The Regional Sales Manager must be able to articulate technology and position products to both business and technical leaders to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Residence in the Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC Area is a requirement.
- Generate new account relationships and develop strategic partnerships.
- Identify & Qualify opportunity to scale product revenue.
- Develop the Go-to-Market Model for the geography to achieve deeper and broader account penetration into Global 1000 accounts assigned to you.
- Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.Required to read/write in SalesForce.com on a daily basis.
Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record selling and delivering solutions, including enterprise hardware and software into the U.S. Federal Government. You must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails. You must be organized and analytical as well as able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Travel throughout the region may be required.
- 5+ years relevant experience selling to the U.S. Federal government
- Experience with relational database technologies
- Virtualization technologies a plus
- Experience and familiarity with flash-based storage technologies a plus
- A background in selling storage (SAN, direct attach, NAS)
- Knowledge in Hadoop architectures is a plus
- BS (technical degree preferred)
- Familiarity with Open source software such as OpenStack, Cloudera, Hortonworks
- Familiarity with Big Data analytics such as Machine Learning
- Familiarity selling Object Storage is a plus