HGST, a Western Digital company, is a global leader in data storage, unlocking potential by helping the world harness the power of data. With a deep understanding of industry needs and a changing technology landscape, HGST is driving data center transformation with innovative, proven, smarter storage solutions that optimize capacity, performance, efficiency and reliability with the lowest TCO. Trusted by the world’s largest organizations, HGST’S storage solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling possibilities for the enterprise, cloud computing and sophisticated infrastructures in healthcare, energy, finance and government. www.hgst.com We have manufacturing locations in the U.S., Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines and China. Development laboratories are located in San Jose, CA and Rochester, MN, USA; and in Odawara and Fujisawa, Japan. Our sales and technical support offices are strategically located throughout Europe, Asia and North America. Our vision is to lead with innovative and reliable solutions which empower people to create, manage, experience and preserve digital content. Our mission is to sustainably deliver the industry's best customer experience through innovation, product breadth, quality and operational excellence. Some of our posts include forward-looking statements. For more information, read our disclaimer: http://www.hgst.com/forward-looking-statements
- Via a series of calls and emails SDR to qualify prospects and set meetings for Field Reps.
- Making a minimum of 60 calls per day and emails cold call and follow up on Campaigns.
- Using sales tools like SFDC, Zoominfo, Sales Navigator and others to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Proven track record of lead qualification and sales pipeline management.
- Aggressively use phone, email and other sales & marketing tools to contact potential customers to generate interest in Western Digital DCS products specifically ActiveScale. Be a valued contributor to the sales team to generate meetings with new potential customers and contribute to pipeline growth.
- Proven ability to quickly develop expertise in highly technical products/services & optimally match them to customer needs. Key objective is to ensure customers have successful business outcome.
- Highly motivated and successful individual who can build and maintain a positive, challenging and dynamic work environment
- Able to quickly understand customer needs and determine willingness & timeframe to buy
- Represents the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintain records of all prospect activity within SalesForce.com
- Handle incoming leads for designated territory including follow up on trade shows, regional events, and other campaigns.
- Work closely with Regional Sales Managers and Channel partners to identify, position, and sell product value.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on product roadmap, industry changes, and competitive landscape.
- Regularly update Regional Sales Managers with prospect information/feedback.
- Regularly collaborate with marketing, support, sales management, product management and account management to facilitate new programs, messages, campaigns, and offerings
- Ensure handoffs to sales are successful, and exceed customer's satisfaction
- Exhibit qualities of cooperation, adaptability and flexibility as changes occur in the department and maintain a positive attitude
- Experience using Zoominfo and Sales Navigator
- BA/BS degree required
- Present results in weekly meetings/reports to key internal stakeholders and executives
- Demonstrated strengths in Delivering Results, Customer Obsession, Taking challenging activities.
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Salesforce.com experience required
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects.
- Experience working with senior management
- Active listener and effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate relentless discipline in achieving goals
- Proven ability to influence others
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook; SalesForce.com a big plus.
- Must be independent, self-motivated and success-driven, yet willing to work within a team environment.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly to communicate over the phone
- Periodic training sessions (product education)