Commodity Manager 4
Req ID: JR-0000039022
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Understand business service needs, request for quotation, negotiate pricing, commercial and supply agreements with suppliers.
· Lead should cost study for assigned commodity like PCB, and drive the price meet should cost in a time mannerReviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, support business operation smoothly.
· Lead quarterly negotiation with suppliers to achieve quarterly and yearly cost reduction target.Negotiate legal contracts such as NDA, GPA, VMI /JIT with suppliers.
· Manage relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.Evaluate, report and manage supplier performance and improvement (incl. QBR’s).
· Provide commodity market trends report, effectively reflect market dynamic in terms of supply, cost, etc.
· Develop and execute a supply-base strategy to meet the Company’s business growth and requirements.Identify potential sources or suppliers in business manner.Collaborate with Engineering, Operations and Quality to drive cost reduction / avoidance activities.
· Collaborate with NPI, Engineering, Quality and Operations to effectively manage NPI procurement related activities.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.