We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
As a NAND Product Development Engineer, you will help enable future products by collaborating with multiple teams and bridge any gaps between memory and the systems. This position will also require review of Product specifications and provide cost/performance competitive NAND memory solutions. Role also requires resolving internal customer issues related to NAND memory from product development to mass production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) The individual will be part of the Memory Technology organization supporting internal customers and will play key role in development of NAND memory based products
2) Specifically the candidate will be responsible in understanding the system requirements and bridging any gaps between the memory and the systems. This requires review of Product specifications and provide cost/performance competitive NAND memory solutions
3) Resolve internal customer issues related to NAND memory from product development to mass production. As such the candidate will work with large cross functional teams (PETE, Device, design) in driving the qualification of memory into final product
4) This position requires support of very technical collateral to internal teams that use special modes in NAND to boost performance, endurance, and power
5) The candidate must be able to write technical papers, application notes, user instructions and conducting necessary technical training internally or externally
6) The individual will also work closely with Device, Design, Quality and Reliability teams and building strong relations with technical decision makers.
1) BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering and 3-5 years in relevant positions
2) Prior work in NAND PE/Design, F/W, System Design, Applications Engineering
3) The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment
4) Self-motivated and self-directed, however, must have demonstrated ability to work well with people
5) A proven desire to work as a team member, both on the same team and outside of the team. Ability to work effectively cross-functionally
6) Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
7) Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.