Responsible for the design and development of new or existing firmware for HDD products in the areas of controller functionality such as performance tuning, interface & media management, and others.
- Design, implement, validate, and maintain controller firmware components to support products using best-practice firmware development methodologies
- Participate in design meetings, test planning sessions, and code reviews.
- Collaborate with and sometimes lead other cross functional teams to derive innovative quality firmware solutions
- BS with 2+ years experience in related field
- Ability to evaluate and interpret complex engineering data generated by internal departments or external customers
- Experience with real-time embedded system
- Fluency with programming languages such as C/C++
- Bonus (not required): knowledge/experience with interface bus analyzers, SATA/SAS, script languages such as Python, usage of MatLab