A Sr. Sales Engineer (SE) partners with one or more Account Executives (AE) to develop an enterprise account base and meet assigned sales quotas in a defined territory. Through a combination of deep storage expertise and extensive field experience, a SE will manage all technical activities during the sales cycle. A SE must possess the ability to convince technical decision makers of the merits of Tegile's solution versus competitive alternatives. This is a “hands on” role and the SE must be comfortable with deployment and some post-Sales work as well.
- Deliver presentations to customers and partners on Tegile's technology and product offerings
- Assess customer requirements and infrastructure and design appropriate Tegile configurations
- Develop technical responses to RFls and RFPs
- Conduct hands-on demonstrations of the Tegile Zebi storage systems
- Facilitate, deliver and manage customer evaluations of the Tegile Zebi storage system
- Develop tight relationships with customer technical personnel which result in incremental opportunities for Tegile products
- Provide customer and market input to Product Management, Engineering, Customer Service, and other pertinent groups within Tegile
- Develop white papers, technical briefs, case-studies and other tools to be leveraged by Tegile's Sales organization
- Represent Tegile at User's Group meetings and industry conferences
- Stay current on major competitive maneuvers and industry developments; be capable of handling customer inquiries on these matters
- Provide post-Sales support to customers as lead or in tandem with Tegile support personnel
Minimum Education: BS in Computer science, Electrical engineering or equivalent field experience. Minimum Experience: 8-10 years of Pre-Sales Storage related SE/CE experience with vendors such as EMC, Hitachi, HP, Veritas, Brocade, and Network Appliance (or equivalent startups); must have experience selling to Fortune 1000 companies
- Expertise in customized storage solutions such as system installation, data migration and application storage provisioning and backup and recovery procedures.
- Storage industry knowledge and understanding; interoperability; competitive landscape
- Expertise in troubleshooting and interfacing with storage systems, both NAS and SAN.
- Experience in storage filer applications such as NAS (CIFS, NFS), back-up applications (Veeam/Commvault) and data migration tools or techniques and Virtualization products such as VMware, Citrix and HyperV.
- Experience in working with server environment running UNIX, Linux or Windows
- Hands-on networking experience and troubleshooting with Fibre Channel and Ethernet/iSCSI technologies.
- Familiarity with SNMP and management frameworks such as HP OpenView and Tivoli a plus.
- Must be a good listener, creative, intuitive, a problem solver and have the ability to resolve problems in potentially stressful situations.
- Must be an independent and adaptive team player.
- Excellent communication skills and able to discuss technical topics either written or oral.
- Excellent customer presentation skills.
- Candidate will be self-motivated, customer oriented, resourceful and enthusiastic.
Travel: Regular travel within the assigned territory, some overnight; quarterly travel to California for training