We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for firmware validation test efforts of both new Hard-Disk-Drive (HDD) and Solid-state Drive (SSD) Technologies
- Main point of contact and final gate before large scale/volume production
- Develop testing strategies and lead the execution and development of hundreds of tests while balancing system/resource constraints in order to maximize the quality of test efforts
- Perform failure analysis and debugging of hardware, firmware, and script issues, and responsible for reproducing any issues found
- Debug any failures encountered using the test scripts, Serial ATA (SATA) specification, ATA/ATAPI Command Set (ACS) specifications, modifying the test scripts, and utilizing equipment like SATA Bus analyzers
- Read and modify test scripts to target test criteria to ensure product and customer standards are met as well as assisting with the creation of new test profiles to test any new features or to modify existing cases to conform to new specifications.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.