We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use your excellent technical and communication skills to provide after sales application engineering support for the qualification of WDC SSD products in key OEM client customer platforms.
- You must be familiar with SSD and storage technologies such as SATA and NVMe and associated hardware and software tools with hands on debug experience to resolve technical issue.
- You will provide second level support for SSD product qualification including configuration, testing and debug of issues at various customer and ODM sites.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Make technical customer presentations regarding various aspects of SSD products. Work with sales staff to assess customer application needs and prepare detailed product specifications, implement detailed customer installation requirements and provide follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications to service personnel and company sales representatives.
- Develop and deliver FAE training for SSD products.
- Publish technical notes regarding specific application issues.
- Provide feedback regarding customer feature requirements to engineering teams.
- Report customer usage models, requirements and corresponding test cases and suggest validation plans to test them.
· Masters or Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited university with 7 or more years of related experience.
· Customer facing experience in related area such as SSD or HDD technical support with key strategic customers
· Proven ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex technical problems.
· Familiarity with tools such as SATA and NVMe analyzers, scope, laptop and desktop systems, storage devices such as HDDs and SSDs in client environments.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize issues and meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
· Fluent English speaking and writing skills are required.
The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment. Self-motivated and self-directed with a demonstrated ability to work well with people. This is a Product Application Engineering role based in the Milpitas. You must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis.
This position in located in Milpitas California office.
Limited travel may be required.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.