We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
You will be responsible for solving customer issues with WD ActiveScale storage systems, an object storage system including HDD JBODs, SSDs, and compute servers, and network switches.
Due to the complex interrelationships of this system, the candidate will work closely with software development and solutions architects. You must have strong skills and experience in the computer server and storage industry with familiarization with storage processors, storage protocols, storage devices, server technology, BIOS and BMC firmware stacks.
You will be required to work closely with engineers in other departments and locations.
You will also participate in the closed loop corrective action for issues reported outside the team such as field issues or customer test failures. As a member of the project team, your creative thinking and judgment will contribute and influence the overall resolution of technical, logistical, cost, and schedule issues for the program.
This is a high-impact, high visibility opportunity for the right individual with superior technical skills, good project management abilities, and an enthusiasm for success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fluently converse with customer/data Center IT Storage engineers and architects to resolve difficult technical issues.
- Work closely with WD Sales engineering and Solutions Architects to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Provide support during installations and customer deployments.
- Provide exceptional customer support to WDC internal and external customers through timely and professional interactions via telephone calls, chat, email, and shared screen communications.
- Manage and resolve issues submitted by customers, partners, OEMs, and Sales. Activities include deep technical troubleshooting, research, issue duplication, filing bugs, and follow-through with internal and external teams.
- Author and submit knowledge base articles that address technical challenges.
- Review and provide feedback on product documentation for existing and emerging products.
- Develop processes and systems to prevent customer issues, and proactively respond to issues.
- Make improvements and upgrades to support infrastructure for faster Time to Resolve customer issues.
- Generate analytics reports, with a strong focus on scripting to automate processes, integrate systems and develop tools to further the mission of the team.
- BS or MS Degree in CS or EE with 10+ yrs. of related experience
- Customer savvy and conversant with customers as well as IT data center engineers and architects.
- Prior experience in the field working with customers is highly desirable.
- Technical depth with the ability to lead issues to closure with confidence.
Solid Enterprise storage background and good networking skills.
- Scripting skills: Python, Perl, Bash, and PowerShell.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as ELK and Splunk.
- Solid understanding of block, file and object storage (NAS/SAN/S3).
- Solid Linux knowledge (RHCE or equivalent). Working knowledge of tools for performance troubleshooting and analysis.
- Solid Microsoft Windows Server OS knowledge (including xperf, perfmon, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting ability. Excited about technology and capable of coming up to speed quickly on new products.
- Excellent ability to follow-up on items and ensure resolution/closure of problems