We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This is a position in a firmware development team to develop flash management code for next-generation SSD storage products. The candidate is expected to drive design, implementation, bench-level verification, support, and documentation of new firmware, using a structured code development process.
The ideal candidate will design, and develop flash management firmware code, in conjunction with hardware product development, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes requirements to determine feasibility of design.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and firmware, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Develops firmware testing a long with firmware development.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer systems engineering or equivalent engineering degree, AND
- Two to four years related experience and/or training, especially with
- Designing, developing, and debugging of multi-threaded, soft real-time, embedded firmware applications
- Programming with C, C++ and assembly language
- Proficiency in DMA, interrupt handlers, stack analysis, context switching
- Programming hardware devices through control registers
- Debugging both new hardware and new firmware using oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analyzers
- Using best-practice firmware engineering principles
- Implementing storage protocols is a plus
Other Language and Proficiency skills:
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written, is required
- Knowledge of structured code development methods and debug techniques
- Ability to solve problems as part of multi-site organization and cross functional team
- Ability to provide timely scheduling and resource information to team leads and managers, and meet scheduled commitments
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.