Work as a development Engineer in the Advanced Head Development, Heat assisted Magnetic Recording (HAMR) group at Western Digital in Fremont, California. Candidate will be responsible for developing new process modules for fabrication of HAMR devices and for performing wafer-level defect analysis and FA. Other responsibilities may include creating process flows, setting up routing and coordinating wafer processing in wafer Fab. Job requires interfacing with engineers and scientists in process, design, characterization, and reliability groups.
- MS or Ph.D. in Materials Science, Physics, EE, ME or Chemistry.
- A minimum of five years of experience in semiconductor and/or magnetic head wafer processing is required.
- Expertise in or more process modules – lithography, electroplating, thin film, CMP and/or RIE is required.
- Experience with systems and tool set in wafer fab is required.
- Candidate must be innovative, detail-oriented and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and people skills are required.