We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital(Thailand) Light Delivery Process team is looking for a motivated, process and equipment oriented principle/Staff equipment engineer to develop procedures and actions to ensure the equipment healthy (Semiconductor Laser diode optical alignment and bonding). He / She will be responsible for ensuring current equipment healthy, and work with internal team and suppliers to develop a high volume cost effective processes/equipment to ensure processes can consistently meet production requirement for quality and capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop improvements to enhance equipment reliability and scalability.
- Develop preventive maintenance procedures to reduce equipment failures.
- Monitor equipment performance and suggest improvements.
- Perform equipment upgrades as per development requirements.
- Analyze equipment malfunctions and failures and accordingly develop corrective actions.
- Design and develop necessary mechanical, electrical or software tools which is able to demonstrate the improvement
- Work with internal team and suppliers to design equipment concept and specifications for next generation products/equipment.
- Develop cost-reduction initiatives while still maintaining quality and productivity.
- Work with internal team to qualify new equipment before handing off to production.
- Ensure spare parts interchangeability and sufficient quantity to support R&D build.
- Maintain documentations for equipment installation, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures for reference purposes.
- Provide support for troubleshooting equipment which not impact to build schedule.
- Provide job assistance and conduct job trainings for employees as needed.
- Act as primary contact for equipment performance related questions and concerns.
- Bachelor or master degree in Mechatronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Software Engineering
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience in manufacturing process/equipment development for fully automation equipment.
- Direct experience in semiconductor laser diode optically align and bonding is a plus
- Direct experience in working with cross functional engineering teams and multinational culture is a plus
- Supplier management experience is a plus.
- Strong level of English communication (verbal / written)
- Familiar with design of experiment tool and data analysis.
- Strong knowledge for PC/PLC based automation equipment development and troubleshooting C++ / C# / PLC
- Direct experience in manufacturing process/equipment design, buy off and maintenance.
- Excellent equipment management skill.
Deployed by the most prominent organizations worldwide, industry-leading WD-branded hard drives (HDDs), solid state drives (SSDs) and personal storage solutions deliver the possibilities of data and high value from the information they possess. WD, SanDisk, HGST and G-Technology branded solutions position Western Digital Corporation as the world’s largest data storage company.