We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and develops the value initiative pipeline to optimize the global Facilities & Capex spend. Prioritize sourcing efforts, develop baseline spend and manages sequential sourcing waves.
- Responsible for conducting spend analysis, analyzing supply markets, identifying sourcing value levers, executing competitive RFIs/RFPs and leading supplier negotiations.
- Builds strong relationships with Executive Team and key stakeholders across the business to agree on business goals and key requirements and remove obstacles for sourcing teams.
- Manages complex sourcing initiatives, leads large cross-functional teams and ensures teams understand supply market dynamics and develop innovative supply solutions.
- Ensures integrity of savings tracking and reporting efforts and works with Finance team to ensure negotiated savings are realized.
- Establishes leading supplier management practices, building policies and procedures for reviewing supplier performance and ensuring new value is created year over year.
- Leads the Capex strategic sourcing function globally, develops talent, leverages technology and drives savings and new value.
- Builds and develops strategic sourcing talent. Hires, develops and coaches the strategic sourcing team. Manages retention, compensation, performance management, resource scheduling and planning, capability and skill development, career development etc.
- 10+ years of successful strategic sourcing expertise including managing direct reports.
- Strategic sourcing experience must include global agreements for equipment and systems.
- Candidate must have strong enough understanding of maintenance & installation contracts and complex systems (gained either through engineering degree or extensive experience sourcing in those areas) to hold their
- The candidate needs to promote & encouraging employee engagement and developing top talent.
- Proven ability to develop and lead complex strategic sourcing strategies and initiatives to deliver significant business impact.
- Proven own with engineering stakeholders.
- Proven ability working with business leaders, stakeholders and internal operations teams ability to lead high-performance teams and build strong and lasting partnerships.
- B.S./B.A. degree required (in relevant area such as Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or similar discipline)
- MBA and other relevant degree /certification (e.g., CPM, CPSM) highly desirable
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.