We are seeking a Manager or the East Partner Development Managers. The manager will manage a team of (5) Partner Development Managers that cover half of the US. The current territory is North Central and East. This team is focused on selling the portfolio within the Western Digital Data Center Systems Business Unit. The Data Center Systems business unit is made up of Object Based Storage systems, All Flash and Hybrid Flash Arrays from the recent Tegile acquisition as well as Platforms.
Manage Partner Development Managers, establish executive relationships within the VAR community as well as Western Digital. With a startup mentality assist the team in identifying, attracting and engaging partners who will identify Western Digital opportunity’s and support in flight sales cycles. The Partner Development Managers will manage resellers, work with HGST distribution channel managers and field sales reps, drive sales growth through those accounts, and help develop and implement sales strategies for increasing sales production and efficiencies. Position will carry a quota for an assigned territory and report directly to the Sr. Director of Americas Enterprise Partner Sales.
- Manage the (5) East Partner Development Managers
- Verify the Grow Ramp Recruit partners are the correct targets and keep PDM’s and Western Digital Sales team focused on the partner strategy
- Develop relationships with key East Value Added Resellers for the growth of our product offerings within their markets and customer base
- Attract, engage, educate, empower and manage VAR relationships
- Support joint marketing programs targeted to increase demand for Western Digital System Product offerings
- Assess and improve performance of the channel, develop sales and technical capabilities, create sales pipeline, and improve the accuracy of forecasting opportunities within the channel
- Traveling as necessary within territory
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years selling server/storage solutions through Channel Partners
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills
- Self-motivated, results driven, team player