Senior Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineering
Requisition No: JR-0000040043
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for new product quality issues based on assigned products
- Carry out systematic quality analysis and work with production and engineering team to develop and implement CA and PA
- Drive and integrate data analysis activities and projects like warranty data analysis reporting from SAP system, feedback on customer complaints, 8D report analysis and FMEA
- Provide fast response to daily production and quality issues to sustain operation stability
- Lead quality audits and countermeasures
- Drive quality improvements plan and learning across all functional areas
- Any other duties assigned by the immediate superior from time to time
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical/Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- 3+ years of quality engineering experience in semiconductor assembly and test manufacturing plant.
- Good in technical paper presentation with data/chart oriented
- Team player and able to work with minimum supervision
- Initiative to drive towards problem solving activities
- Proficient in standard business application software, Tools & standard engineering method (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, JMP, SPC, DOE, DMAIC, 8D,5-why etc.).
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent English communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, result oriented, proactive and a team player with strong interpersonal, communications and leadership skills
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.