Location: Irvine, CA
At Western Digital, our mission is to empower surveillance professionals from around the world and to inspire the next generation solutions. To do that, we make the, most reliable, performance-driven hard drives on the planet. Whether you’re an installer, system integrator, OEM or value added distributor, your reputation is on the line with every product you sell and we believe that it’s our job to keep that in mind as we help you bring solutions to the market and provide you with the best possible tools for storing and retrieving your precious data.
On the product-side, we’re building solutions for every part of the eco-system from edge to core. Whether it’s for an individual or company, we make everything from a 64GB mSD cards to 10TB HDDs as well as platform solutions. We’re all about taking the pain of points out of your workflow, so that you can focus on what really matters, your solutions
And if all that seems like a stretch for a hard drive company, you should come in and see what we’re up to.
We’re looking for problem solver + solutions engineer to bring technical expertise, thought leadership, and support to our sales team, customers, and resellers. You’re the person who knows how to look at the entire eco-system of products and solutions in the market and help customers in this region build the right solution with the right products. The right person is going to have experience qualification process from engineering samples to final production, and a passion for working with people. You should know your way around VMS, cameras, cables and chassis design. Extensive understanding and knowledge of NAS, SAN, and DAS + cloud architecture is a plus
This role is about helping companies get their solutions quickly and reliably and add value as an industry expert on the technical side of the sales process.
· Provide storage solution thought leadership to key customers.
· Participate in identifying the priorities, requirements and criteria of our customer’s initiatives, and the links between the executive, operational and infrastructure stakeholders for that initiative.
· Map customer business problems to technical solutions and ensure that solutions are targeted to accelerate the top customer’s business objectives.
· Qualify, manage and monitor customer evaluations and proof-of-concept (POC) tests from start to completion.
· Develop and execute benchmarks that simulate customer application situations and develop presentations and white papers.
· Engage with OEMs, SI, and VAR partners to ensure Western Digital’s capabilities and reach are amplified.
· Keep management teams informed of key technology directional shifts and long term opportunities.
· Represent Western Digital at Tech Events, Customer Forums, Executive Briefing Visits, etc.
· Maintain accurate and updated reporting of all activities.
· Deep knowledge of Storage (DAS, SAN and NAS) and its deployment in various application environments
· Knowledge of leading VMS (Milestone, etc)
· Experience running benchmarks and interpreting results
· Camera technology knowledge Axis, Dahua, Hikvision, Uniview
· Applications knowledge in terms of installation and tuning for best storage performance
· Proficient in translating business needs into complex solutions, including researching and identifying new technologies or technologies outside of Western Digital products and solutions, architecting and designing the solution, and managing multiple internal, cross business unit, and external resources and technologies to complete the proposed solution.
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding of performance tuning concepts at the application, storage, and OS internal levels, and the ability to optimize performance.
· Engineering degree or equivalent, 10 years of experience in storage solutions, management.
· Track record of excellence in pre-sales technical sales, solution design and implementation.
· Exceptional negotiation, presentation, and listening skills, including credibility and business maturity to provide high quality input to senior management.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Willing to participate as a creative thinking, self-motivated team member in a high energy startup-like culture under the pressure of change and moving targets.