Director, Quality Assurance Engineering
Location: Batu Kawan, Penang
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Lead Quality Engineering team in Western Digital to focus on:
1. Lead Quality Engineering team to provide management direction to ensure products shipped meet specifications and quality requirements. Provide leadership and strategic direction to the quality function and ensuring proper interface of quality function to manufacturing, engineering and marketing.
2. Formulate and executes long term plans to meet product quality goal.
3. Responsible for managing the Quality Program and System of manufacturing sites and managing the Quality function in the manufacturing of WD products to support a variety of OEM, Client and Enterprise customers.
4. The incumbent will be held responsible for substantially strengthening Quality Systems and for determining the appropriate infrastructure and resources required to achieve business objectives.
5. Ensure internal business processes and quality metrics are aligned.
6. Responsible for building strong relationships with suppliers and cross functional teams and effectively relating the quality function to the business as a whole.
7. Train and mentor the quality team on quality system specifications and required tools.
8. Develop and implement suitable quality assessment and effective audit procedures in ensuring highest quality standard and meeting Client and Enterprise customers’ expectations.
9. Lead and manage Customer Audit at manufacturing site.
1. Require MS/MBA/MA degree or equivalent with 15 or more years of related experience and 8 or more years of management experience.
2. Experience and knowledge of IC Packaging, SSD, HDD, Server and Storage manufacturing process and equipment (Assembly, SMT and Test) is essential.
3. Good experiences in Quality System Management, QA Administration, QA Engineering and QA Audit. Inspection and Test experience within Electronic Manufacturing industry.
4. Good leadership with excellence people management & communication skill, able to interact with all levels of employee and stakeholder, manage CM and suppliers effectively.
5. Visionary, aggressive, objective minded and results oriented.
6. Systematic with good problem solving, statistical analyst and project management skills.
7. Certified Six Sigma Black Belt and ISO System Auditor is an advantage.
8. The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
9. Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of division/business unit strategic objectives and goals.
10. Excellent planning and problem solving skills with the ability to work in a fast paced and limited resource environment.
Western Digital, HGST, and SanDisk offers a highly competitive compensation package and great benefits. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.