We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The 3rd Party Controller and Systems on Chip (SOC) Team is responsible for managing NAND Flash Controller (ASIC) and SOC Hard Disk Drive suppliers. We specialize in knowing the market landscape, suppliers’ roadmaps, and marketing requirements to drive supplier selection and strategy implementation.
The team is responsible to manage relationships and business with top tier suppliers for our factory operations around the world. Each of these suppliers are very large companies and our relationship with them is highly strategic. Daily interactions for the team, within WD, include cross functional interactions with various Operations, Technology Development, Manufacturing and Engineering organizations. Externally, we work with our key suppliers on a daily basis. Activities include should cost tool development, supplier negotiations related to pricing, capacity commits, and business allocations, issuing of POs, supplier performance review, spend and costs analysis, supplier projects’ tracking, Dashboards and Quarterly Supplier Business Reviews.
The business unit looks to Procurement to be a trusted advisor for the BU and other stakeholders in helping make key supplier selection decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Marketing and Engineering on new products
- Drive execution of commercial agreements with suppliers
- Influence cross functional groups in driving supplier selection and strategy implementation
- Develop and refine should cost models
- Prepare and publish quarterly updates to executives
- Prepare and publish Supplier Scorecards and Dashboards
- Prepare and publish monthly updates for executives
- Schedule and facilitate discussions between suppliers and technology teams as needed
- Work closely and build relationships with internal customers (marketing and engineering) and other co-workers in Procurement and Supply Planning teams
- Work closely and build relationships with supplier executives and account managers
Have previous ASIC design experience or exposure to the ASIC development process. HIGHLY seeking individuals with prior front-end Fab experience
Semiconductor process flow and unit operations understanding
Supplier management experience highly desirable
Market intelligence analysis
Initiative: The ability to be self-motivated and work independently and offer solid recommendations, based on balancing a data-driven approach and key stakeholder inputs
Ability to influence internal stakeholders and external supplier
Excellent verbal and written communication
Financial analysis for decision-making
Strong analytical and organizational skills
Requires expert knowledge in Excel and PowerPoint
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.