Sr Engineer, Packaging Engineering
Location: Bangalore India
Req Id: JR-0000040207
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
On the Job after training, these will be his main responsibilities:
1. Manages package development activities of removable product group.
2. Defines, develops and qualifies new semiconductor packages and maintains quality of existing packages .
3. Manages package feasibility and integrity analysis.
4. Working with the factories and other engineers, manages package characterization and cost effectiveness studies.
5. Coordinates with factories worldwide on the high volume introduction of new packages and assembly processes.
6. Responsible for various packaging specifications, Bill of Materials and reports.
7. Represents Package Engineering in cross-functional teams and ensures that packages are qualified and introduced into production in a timely manner while meeting all reliability and quality requirements.
8. Manages assembly yield improvement and package cost reduction programs.
9. Responsible for maintaining package roadmaps for the product lines...
Suitable candidate should have material science / mechanical engineering background and preferred MTECH graduates ,
1. Basic knowledge about semiconductors and interconnect technology used in semiconductor packaging
2. Interest on the subject and willingness to learn on Semiconductor package technology
3. Proficiency in tools like Autocad.
4. Proficiency in Cadence Package design tools preferable.
5. Mechanical design oriented interest rather than software or electronics hardware design.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.