Analyst 3, Programming
Location: Bangalore India
Req Id: JR-0000040280
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
WDC's Quality Organization is seeking a Data Scientist with 3-8 years of experience in computer science, engineering or mathematics/statistics to join their Quality Data Analytics team. Team members’ work as part of a global engineering team responsible for the reliability of WDC (HDD/SSD) products as they are integrated into our customers' product environments. Our team in particular works to assure optimal reliability of our drives for each of the many customer environments. In that capacity deep knowledge of coding techniques and machine learning and visualization protocols are needed to expand our analytic compatibility. The scope of this position includes data mining, the UI and backend data manipulation to create tools for product characterization. These tools will deploy in both our internal engineering data systems. The associated analysis and ongoing feature improvements are required to make the most reliable product possible. This effort will require the creation of the machine learning models for the drive data to enable use by product designers and customer engineers. They will use the data to understand the HDD/SSD performance and reliability. This position requires working with an international team of engineers that are responsible for measuring and documenting performance results and problem resolution.
· Strong background in Machine Learning
· Experience with Python is required
· Knowledge of SQL is required
· Technical experience in big data computing platforms Hadoop and Hive is a plus
· Experience with SPSS a plus
· Experience with E6 logs a plus
· Knowledge of Linux OS is an advantage
· Experience with web application development is a plus
· Background in Math, Statistics and Data Engineering is a plus
· Candidate must have good communion skills, both verbally and written
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.