Sr. Engineer, Firmware Engineering
Req Id: JR-0000040236
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
• Design and Develop Modular, Reusable and consistent Test Framework
• Design and develop Interface for accessing the device both in HW and Simulation environments.
• Support Firmware team to debug the issues by doing thorough Failure Analysis to root cause the problem
• Communicate effectively with Global teams with Good articulation.
• Work with Various teams to come up with Test Strategy for the given feature
• Represent team in various platforms on daily and weekly cadence.
• Report detailed status of the project on a regular basis to senior management
• Excellent programming skills C and Python
• Should be Good at Data structures, Algorithms and Design Concepts
• Low level firmware/software design, development, debug skills is a big plus
• Capable of functioning in geographically distributed team environments
• Experience in firmware development for storage devices, hard drives, memory devices is a plus
• Experience with NVMe highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of SSD firmware architecture highly desirable.
• The ideal individual must have proven ability to achieve results in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated, self-directed and ability to work well with people.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.