We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
This position is responsible for managing and renewing maintenance renewals. Strategically engaging with customers to align their goals with Western Digital solutions. Ensure account retention, development and growth of long term customer value. Own, drive and manage the renewal process identifying customer requirements, uncovering roadblocks, and demonstrating strong account management capabilities. Work directly with customers to negotiate the renewal including pricing and service-term. Manage and ensure account retention through increased adoption and driving on-time renewal. Manage inbound renewal questions via phone and email as well as proactive quoting and follow-up with customers via outbound calling and email. This position carries a sales quota.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage a sales territory carrying a quote in maintenance contract renewal.
- Prepare weekly forecasts of renewal bookings within a 5% accuracy rate.
- Attaining quarterly targets for bookings on-time renewals and overall renewals.
- Identifying expansion opportunities to generate additional revenue (upsell/cross-sell) that may arise during the renewal management cycle, and ensuring that the appropriate sales and account management resources are engaged to maximize the opportunity.
- Prepare and provide customers renewal quotes within 90 days of support expiration.
- Maintain accurate account, service contract, asset and maintenance entitlement records.
- Manage renewals from opportunity to invoice, understanding pricing and contractual obligations.
- Pro-actively identifying issues that may impact a renewal, and engaging all available resources to resolve.
- Develop a strong product understanding, system knowledge and processes to sell maintenance renewals.
- Assist customers with any product discrepancies in their install base to include asset reconciliations.
- Assist Sales and Finance teams with customer and account research & customer audits for maintenance renewal.
- Resolve order issues with Customer Service and Order Management.
- Assist customers and Sales with maintenance co-terming.
- Track non- renewal, pending, and lost support contracts including reasons for cancelation.
- Asset Sales Team with any maintenance questions and quoting.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in hardware industry
- Experience selling maintenance renewal to a diverse customer base
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a sales function that includes direct customer interaction, pricing and negotiation
- The ability to sell value at all levels over the phone
- A successful and consistent track record of meeting and/or exceeding revenue targets
- Must thrive in a quota driven environment
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to take initiative and work proactively with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and track multiple issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a teamed environment
- Excellent customer service skills with an orientation towards helping customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; multiple language skills a plus
- Strong attention to detail Knowledge and ability to forecast maintenance bookings
- Strong desire and willingness to learn
- Exposure to contract negotiation/drafting, including Legal and Financial Governance
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Salesforce software applications.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law