We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
Western Digital is the world’s largest data storage solutions provider. Our innovative storage solutions are at the heart of many of the world's largest data centers, and embedded in advanced smartphones, tablets, and PCs. Whether marketed under the WD, HGST or SanDisk brands, our storage solutions power the markets and companies that shape our lives—enabling possibilities for the cloud, enterprise and sophisticated infrastructures everywhere. We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join the dynamic Human Resources team at Western Digital. As an Administrative Assistant, you will support the Total Rewards team, (Benefits/Wellness and Compensation) as well at the HR –Technology team that currently develops, implements and maintains programs and systems for this global company. You will handle information requests, and perform clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, travel arrangements, and scheduling meetings for the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Conduct research, assemble and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Design and maintain databases
- Manage and maintain executives’ schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Monitor, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Interact with external clients
- Coordinate project-based work
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Complete and submit expense reports
- Handle administrative items for the department
- Track PO’s and contract payments
- Associate Degree (AA) required, Bachelors preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in an Administrative role
- Experience managing multiple calendars
- High degree of confidentiality required
- Proactive and organized with a high attention to detail
- Experience creating and/or supporting presentation development for senior management
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrates advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction
- Ability to anticipate needs as well as foresee and prevent problems by taking action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated to work in a fast-pace environment and ability to prioritize proactively, with a sense of urgency
- History of creative problem solving skills, with the ability to work well collaboratively and under pressure
- Strong proficiency in MS office, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.