We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
As part of enterprise SSD Hardware development team, you will be responsible for leading the development of eSSD platforms.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential. You will interact with all engineering design disciplines plus program management, safety, reliability, marketing, packaging, manufacturing, component engineering, and other inside or outside.
Teamwork: the candidate must be able to communicate well with cross functional team members, must be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve HW goals and contribute positively to engineering community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary Product HW platform Execution lead from Planning to LVM
- Primary Interface to Program Management for HW Updates on Technical Interface, Risks Analysis
- Provide HW Configuration options for Trade off analysis to PMO/SE/SA. Work Closely with SE/SA to identify the best solution for the HW product
- Product Architecture /Feasibility
- Product Configuration
- Provide requirements to HW stakeholders (DE, SIPI, MECH, THRM etc.) Coordinate their requirements with external cross functional groups.
- Escalate resource Issues to Functional Managers and if not resolved to the Department Head
- Coordinate and close loop with HW stakeholders on Product HW requirement (PRD/DRD)
- Ensure that all HW Product requirements are met as per the DRD
- Lead all HW technical issues with support from HW stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate with external Cross functional teams (ASIC, PM,EPM,SE,SA,FW,NPI,MFG,PE) on HW Requirements and Dependencies
- Co-ordinate Customer Specs and RFQ feedback to APPS
- Participate in Cross Functional Reviews
- Arbitrate and resolve Technical issues and provide resolution to issues within the HW Organization.
- Ensure the design process is followed and there are no exceptions. If exceptions are there, Waivers can be requested from the Dept Head.
- Track and ensure closure of engineering status, issues.
- Responsible for planning and working with EPM, PM, FW, NPI, HPE, to execute builds and any cross functional dependencies.
- Familiar with the Product development life cycle from concept to manufacturing
- Be Self-directed with ability to review changes and weigh in tradeoff between engineering resources
- Status/ Exec communication. Dashboard management and tracking
- Ensure all HW PLC process and checklists are followed. Help improve the process to improve efficiency
- Drive HW functional managers/ Design leads for day to day activities to meet overall program objectives.
- Provide timely resolution and critical path management
- Identify product specifications and standards compliance requirements, margin and risk analysis.
- BS or greater Engineering degree required
- 10-12+ years in an engineering product development environment
- 10-12+ years of experience in hardware and/or firmware design, validation and failure analysis for microprocessor based products
- Experience in a wide range of lab equipment
- A highly disciplined approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and as a team member or leader across multiple projects in a results-driven environment
- In-depth knowledge of product development throughout the product life cycle
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in storage devices or related industry is a benefit
- Experience with SAS/SATA/PCIe interface protocols is a benefit
- Experience with Microsoft* Office* tool suite is desired
- Ability to travel (~15%)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.