We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architects, analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies firmware and software.
- Troubleshoots code for firmware (IC embedded code) applications.
- Work often involves analog and digital hardware and software operating systems.
- The ideal candidate will design FW features, and submit design reviews before continuing the development workflow.
- Following best practices such as spending time on unit-tests, simulator tests, HW targeted tests and so on is a must.
- Position requires knowledge of firmware design, development, debug, review, and commit/promotion within a multi-developer, multi-team environment.
- Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high level languages (e.g., C, C++).
- Requires BS degree or equivalent with 3 or more years of related experience
- The ideal candidate will have experience in: ARM R5 and A53, C & C++, Design, ARM assembly, cmake build tools, git/gerrit/svn/code-collaborator, developing unit-test/mockTest/cPPU Test. SSD architecture, Interface Protocols (SAS/SCSI, NVMe, SATA).
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.