We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will make significant contributions to the development of world-class solid state flash drives (SSD). The primary responsibility of this engineer is Mechanical design of enterprise SSD products. This lead role position will need to provide mechanical design engineering for multiple simultaneous programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define mechanical architecture of SSD platforms
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of mechanical/thermal/structural system design
- Designs and analyzes solid state drive mechanical elements
- Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and existing designs
- Preparation/coordination of prototype fabrication and shock/vibration/thermal verification testing
- Must be capable of generating detailed mechanical fabrication drawings
- Must be experienced with GD&T
- Must be capable of conducting detailed tolerance studies
- Must be experienced in thermal interface material selection and design
- Must be experienced with designing extruded, die cast, fabricated, injection molded and machined parts
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems
- Develop plans and cost estimates for mechanical components
- Ability to assess project risks
- Must be proficient with Solidworks 2016 (or greater) mechanical design software
- Experience with Solidworks EPDM is preferred
- Experience with ANSYS structural sims and Solidworks Flow Simulation is a plus
- BSME and 7 years of experience; or an MSME and 5 years of experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a lead mechanical engineer (SSD experience preferred)
- Solid product, team and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be detail-oriented with good organization and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with remote teams
- Ability to plan and execute work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
- Capable of working in a cross functional team environment
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.