We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform a wide variety of skilled, pro-active, and preventative electrical lighting maintenance duties in support of clean room manufacturing, Labs, office environments, parking lots, and street lights. The position will report to the second shift Maintenance and Operations Supervisor.
Perform routine and complex trouble shooting and repairs on lighting controls, switches, wiring, ballasts, and light fixtures. Install new light fixtures as needed, upgrade existing lighting systems to meet code requirements including conversion of out dated lighting to new energy efficient lighting. Develop PM standards and procedures for lighting to ensure systems are maintained and functioning correctly. Coordinate maintenance activities with manufacturing and customers. Support Engineering and customer work order requests.
Position requires High school degree with Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent two-year college or technical school. Candidate must have at least 5 years of electrical maintenance experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above. Capable of reading and understand blue prints, single line diagrams, and/or schematic diagrams. Must be able to work independently or within a team environment and perform complex duties of a more specialized nature, frequently requiring independent analysis, trouble shooting, and decision-making. Must have good communication and computer skills (email, word, excel). Able to implement standard trade practices consistent with electrical industry requirements and NEC standards. Perform all duties in accordance with company and site safety standards. Be familiar with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and the ability to retrieve PMs and enter PM data.
OTHER DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
1. State certified electrician
2. IR Scanning
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Skilled in operating a variety of electrical tools and instruments.
· Able to adapt written and verbal instructions to recognized industrial equipment operating practices.
· Comply with safety requirements, with or without reasonable accommodations.
· Reach for and manipulate objects, and/or power tools, materials, and/or equipment.
· Requires occasional to frequent lifting or moving materials weighing up to approximately 50 pounds
· Stand, walk or sit for long periods.
· Stoop, kneel, bend, crouch and/or crawl.
· Climb, work on ladders, scaffolds or other facilities and equipment and/or work on heights.
· Recognize differences in size, shape and shading of lines, figures, objects or drawings.
· Able to hear or see emergency alarm signals.
· Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contributions are maintained.
· Must wear ANSI safety shoes composite toe and personal protective equipment.
· Be able to wear respirator and other breathing apparatus.
· Able to adapt to special circumstances and perform related duties according to the client and business requirements.
· When required, be able to assign tasks and direct the efforts of others to complete work assignments.
· Must provide his/her own basic tools (screw drivers, wrenches, pliers, hammer, etc) to perform work duties.
While performing the duty of this Job, the employee is occasionally working near moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; presence of fumes or airborne particles; areas known to contain toxic or hazardous chemicals, and areas with risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the some work environments may be unusually loud.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.