We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
The IT Commodity Manager is responsible for developing the sourcing strategies for the IT category. The person in this position would be recognized as a sourcing expert for Technology-related categories, would liaison with legal, act as Procurement ambassador to the business and integrate into the business to ensure a complete alignment and deep understanding of the business goals and partner in developing sourcing strategies. The goal is to be value-added sourcing partners to the business. Additional responsibilities include negotiating information technology contracts for software licensing, telecom, data center and computer hardware and server products and related maintenance and support services that may be site specific or have global reach. The position involves developing negotiation strategies, advising requestors on contract terms and conditions, monitoring cost and scope of assigned contracts to assure compliance, best value and validate/improve pricing. The IT Commodity Manager may recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing and will exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, manage and execute strategies for the IT Category
- Conduct RFP and lead cross functional teams through the selection process of preferred suppliers with effective scoring criteria to critically evaluate supplier proposals in accordance within company policies
- Collaborate with IT/Legal stakeholders to assess, understand, and prioritize business needs to optimize value with WD’s supply base
- Conduct spend/contract/proposal analysis for supply of software licensing, computer hardware, servers, data center and telecom services and present recommendation’s to Procurement and IT leadership team
- Lead negotiations on commercial procurement agreements, including, but not limited to, Master Agreements (MSA’s) , Statements of Work (SOW’s) , Change Orders (CO’s) balancing business deliverables, legal interests and pricing
- Analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage Western Digital purchasing power
- Research market intelligence to understand cost drivers and market trends
- Develop, refine and implement category strategies and tactics that enable the procurement of technology products and services at the highest value benefit to the company
- Cultivate, enhance, and deepen cross functional stakeholder relationships at all levels serving as the subject matter expert on behalf of the procurement organization
- Actively monitor internal/external trends, synthesize and distill the business intelligence into actionable opportunities and pipeline projects that can and will be delivered Western Digital’s bottom line on an ongoing basis
- Manage supplier relationships with a focus on supply/contract and cost management
- Lead supplier performance business reviews on a quarterly basis to enhance performance delivery from strategic partners
- Mediate supplier issues and resolve supplier contract disputes as needed
- Develop supplier rationalization entitlements for each category
- Evaluate processes and recommend improvements to standardize lifecycle contract and sourcing processes and systems
- Ensure pricing & deliverables as negotiated are included in the contract; coordinate comparison of proposals and final contract terms
- Act as liaison between Legal and the business
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+ of experience in indirect strategic sourcing with a multi-national organization with an emphasis in software, hardware and telecommunications procurements
- MBA or JD preferred
- Consulting experience a plus
- Contract Negotiation / Vendor Mgmt. / Influencing skills required
- Experience and expertise with sourcing & contracting ERP tools (SAP and/or Oracle)
- Ability to work well in a high-pace dynamic environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ensure task completion and deadlines are met as required
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating and formulating technology contracts, understanding cost models and various price structures, management of contractual, IP and labor law risks
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills required
- Excellent team facilitation and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.