We deliver the
possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
Our Wafer Manufacturing organization is
responsible for the production of state-of-the-art recording heads used in our
world class HDDs. Currently, we are looking to hire several student part
time regular employees from Colleges for a variety of Technician level
positions. In these roles, you will have the opportunity to:
- Take ownership of assigned areas within the manufacturing line
and develop a thorough understanding of associated process steps, materials,
logistics and associated tooling.
- Identify opportunities to make process improvements through the
application of Lean and Six Sigma principles and practices.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive projects to
- Routinely report to management the progress of assigned
projects; identify dependencies, milestones and at risk items.
- Interact with senior leadership and management. Work
cross-functionally with other teams within the Manufacturing organization.
- Upon completion of key assignments in one area of the line, move
to another to repeat the process of highlighting opportunities, assessing
options and implementing plans.
- Must be currently enrolled in a local college and/or trade
- An ability to solve complex problems and troubleshooting with
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner with proven leadership
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles preferred, but not
- Must have strong computer hardware, software and networking
skills including knowledge of Windows, network drives, MS explorer navigation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in building a career in
- Industry experience not required!
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading
portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and
disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent
organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching
lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an
equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment
opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does
not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set
forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information
click here. Este empleador participa in