Staff Engineer, Packaging Engineering
Location: Taichung City, Taiwan
Req ID: JR-0000040576
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explore routing and placement changes that could lower the substrate complexity and cost.
- Provide substrate layout feasibility and documentation for laminate package designs.
- Perform Design Library maintenance and bonding diagram generation.
- Perform cost/performance tradeoff analysis of various packages either in production or under development.
- Interface seamlessly with product managers, substrate designers, manufacturing and assembly engineering and layout groups at the assembly subcontractors.
- Work closely with various manufacturing and packaging groups at various WD locations for new product development and substrate / PCB design improvement.
- Work with assembly houses and substrate / PCB vendors on design review and design rule maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree or above, minimum of 3 years of mechanical outline & tooling drawing by auto CAD is required.
- Good command of oral and written English.
- Skillful in project management, good at working with substrate and other laminate material suppliers.
- Logical thinking, good team spirit.
- A plus to have substrate design experience in using Cadence APD.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.