We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is within the Center of Excellence Organization at Western Digital, more specifically under the System Integration Testing Lab, focusing on System-Level Integration testing and executing Customer Joint Qualifications. We are looking for a candidate who has strong technical and analytical skills, is a self-starter and learner, and loves to debug. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support System-level testing of the enterprise storage drives, design and execute detailed test plans, analyze results , be able to do 1st level debug of failures and summarize test results and issues
- Execute Customer joint qualification plans, report status, analyze results
- Support reproduction and debug of failures and be able to capture bus and scope traces and the ability to read/analyze traces
- Develop new test cases for the test suite
- Maintain existing automation and the supporting infrastructure
- Identify improvements to current testing processes and methodologies
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/ Engineering or a related field
- Basic understanding of Operating Systems, Computer Hardware, Software, Firmware and Storage devices
- Hands-on programming experience in C, Java, Python
- Troubleshooting and Debug skills
- Prior testing experience and knowledge of Storage protocols such as SAS, SATA a plus
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.