We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Staff Engineer defines, develops and qualifies new semiconductor packages and maintains quality of existing packages.
- Manages package feasibility and package integrity analysis with special emphasis on mechanical and electrical simulations and SI / PI analysis.
- Working with the factories and other engineers, manages package electrical characterization studies.
- Responsible for various packaging specifications, Bill of Materials and reports.
- Represents Package Engineering in cross-functional teams and ensures that packages are characterized, qualified and introduced into production in a timely manner while meeting all electrical, performance, reliability and quality requirements.
- Coordinates with factories worldwide on the high volume introduction of new packages and assembly processes. Manages assembly yield improvement and package cost reduction programs.
- Responsible for maintaining package roadmaps for the product lines supported.
- This position requires a candidate with MS / PhD degree in Mechanical/Materials Engineering.
- Knowledge of semiconductor packaging highly desired.
- Package signal integrity and power integrity knowledge is desirable. Knowledge of EMI, HFSS, HSPICE is a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Cadence APD, Finite Element Analysis, Design of Experiments, statistical techniques and package failure analysis techniques required.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Preferred candidate will have worked on projects related to semiconductor packaging from both mechanical and electrical integrity perspective.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Western Digital does not unlawfully discriminate and complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law poster: Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.