Staff Engineer, Packaging Engineering
Location: Taichung City, Taiwan
Req ID: JR-0000040574
We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what’s possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform package substrate design including flip chip, FCBGA, Hybrid BGA and WB BGA products.
- Provide optimal PKG fitment/placement proposal according to PKG design rule and design guideline.
- Perform Design Library maintenance and bonding diagram generation.
- Perform cost/performance tradeoff analysis of various packages either in production or under development.
- Interface seamlessly with product managers, substrate designers, manufacturing and assembly engineering and layout groups at the assembly subcontractors.
- Work closely with various manufacturing and packaging groups at various WDC locations for new product development and substrate / PCB design improvement.
- Work with assembly houses and substrate / PCB vendors on design review and design rule maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree or above, at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Good knowledge in flip chip die's bump lay out placement and PKG SI/PI.
- The ability to work with substrate and other laminate material suppliers, directly.
- Good command of written and oral English
- Logical thinking, good teamwork spirit.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
Western Digital Corporation is the world’s largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.